style / mindset / simplicity
style / mindset / simplicity
Change is in the air...On January 1st, I decided it was time to fix the areas of my life that aren’t working very well. One such area is my closet. Yes, embarrassingly…my very own closet needs help! My current issue?
I have too much clothing that I’m not wearing. So...I challenged myself to wear it all.
I’ve just finished the first week of my Wear Everything I Own Challenge.
The process is simple…commit to wearing every single piece of clothing in my entire wardrobe. Take photos and keep notes and at the end, decide what stays and what goes.
I must say, this is proving to be a rather interesting study.
Here's the video recap which includes the actual outfits worn this week.
What I’ve discovered so far:
1. The first week was easy. I could mainly just wear the clothing I already know I love. Though, I did force myself to choose a few pieces that haven’t seen the light of day in quite some time.
2. I have several pieces that I once really loved, but don’t anymore. I think they made it through the KonMari tidying process since they do spark joy when I hold them. That’s probably because I once loved them. I’m feeling that it might be time to thank those pieces and let them go.
3. I tend to ‘save’ favorite pieces for special days or occasions. These items aren’t dressy or fancy. Though they are often better quality, more luxurious or I just LOVE them more than the clothing I wear regularly. The problem with this method of ‘hoarding the good stuff' is that after a while, the pieces lose their shine…even if they've just hung in my closet. I’d be much better off to wear every piece immediately after purchasing…and make every day a special occasion!
4. I have more tops than I originally thought. I have lots of tops that are very similar. I didn’t realize how many tops I have compared to bottoms. I’m sure that several tops will be discarded/donated at the end of this experiment.
Big light bulb moment...
5. My whole wardrobe should take a lesson from my denim collection. I only own denim that I truly love. This item of clothing is easy for me to select. I only pick jeans that are comfortable and flattering. Interestingly, I'm more willing to invest money in denim than in any other clothing category. I tend to look for bargains in other areas, but I’m willing to spend more on great denim. Maybe it’s time to apply this method to tops, shoes and other clothing. Seems I’d probably end up with a wardrobe full of pieces that I really love wearing!
6. For the first time ever, I’m very intrigued by the thought of creating a true Capsule Wardrobe. Not ready yet…but I’m heading in that direction. I think I’ll know for sure at the end of this challenge:-)
A side note:
I currently work with private clients at a distance, but many women have been asking how they can work with The Together Act remotely and affordably. I decided it’s time to offer an online workshop.
I'll be releasing my Wake-Up Your Wardrobe Workshop.
For years, I've guided my one-on-one clients through the process taught in this workshop. It's simple and effective. It will change the way you look at your wardrobe! Getting dressed will be fun!
The 3-day online workshop will help you identify your authentic style and teach you how to create amazing outfits with what you already own. Outfits that support your lifestyle and reflect the image you want to present to the world. More info to come...
Click here for Weekly Style Updates!
Questions? Just ask below or email me at email@example.com
Thanks for being here.